www.peasleypottery.com

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ravens, Right Whales and Show Prep

It's that time of year when everything is running on full speed in preparation for the summer show season.  This year I have a full schedule. (click to see Show Schedule

Here are a few pictures of pieces I've been working on.
This sculptured large raven vase was made in two pieces....it was a tremendous amount of work, but I am very pleased with the final sculptured piece.  This will be offered for sale on my Art Collector Maine site and on display in various galleries throughout the summer.  It is one of my favorite pieces to date.  I love ravens and this one has multiple surrounding the pot.

Another piece that will be offered for sale on Art Collector Maine and may appear at the following two shows is another North Atlantic Right Whale piece.  There will be many more in the future....love the NARW! 

For more information on the North Atlantic Right Whale and how you can support the continued research and conservation efforts, please visit my friends at one of the following:  Right Whale Research - New England AquariumGeorgia - Department of Natural Resources ; Marine Resources Council



 I have two new exciting shows on the schedule this summer.... Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors Show and Yarmouth Clam Festival.  I will be taking many lobster, whale, sea salt buoy's, lobster buoy hummingbird feeders and a new line of lobster dinnerware...along with a variety of other pottery.

That's just a few of what you can expect at those two shows.

In May I will be doing the Maine Quarter Horse Association's Pine Tree Classic Show at the Skowhegan Fairground and will bring with me a variety of equestrian pottery.  Also in May is the Made In Maine Expo 2014 at the Brewer Auditorium. 

I have two fly-in's this year, which are always a good time!  Again in May, I'll be at the 39th Annual Aviation fly market in Hampton, NH.  In September is the International Seaplane Fly-In at Moosehead Lake, Greenville, Me.   I expect, as last year, to sell out of all my seaplane mugs, so this year I am taking many more along with other plane related items.


This year I have introduced a new line of dinnerware, Maine Black Bear glazed in a soft moss green.  It has been very popular so far.
It can also be glazed in just about any color, but the green really highlights the bear and it is just a  beautiful color.

This Great Blue Heron lidded jar will be at the Blue Heron Gallery soon.  It was quite a challenge to keep the delicate frame of the heron upright and one piece, but now that it has been glazed and fired, it is stoneware strong. 



More brook trout...it's that time of year.  Another challenging piece that will be out of the kiln tomorrow.    After all the work that goes into them, I am always apprehensive with these pieces and how they will survive the high firing temperatures. Will it warp, slump or lose it's coloration?  We will find out tomorrow! 

I experimented with sculpting two clay bodies together to get this piece.

This is in the kiln currently as well.  It has a lady bug under the leaf and a caterpillar over another.  I can't wait to see how the final piece will look.

Don't forget to go to Facebook for more current news and information on Peasley Pottery

Have a wonderful Easter!













No comments:

Post a Comment