www.peasleypottery.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Introduction & History

Welcome to Peasley Pottery and my first blog post!

With the Christmas holiday upon us and so much going on with traveling, shopping, family functions and other events, I will try to keep this blog entertaining and at times oddly interesting...it won't be ALL about pottery, although that is the primary focus.

Peasley Pottery is made in Maine located in a rural town Downeast called Otis.  The pottery studio is my father's old hunting camp which sets on the small farm.  It's so nice to wake up and walk to work! I started Peasley Pottery as my full-time occupation last winter.  So far, it is working out well and I made the right decision. I use to drive for over an hour to work, now I gone green and walk to work, all 25 feet!  And I sculpt mud.  How much greener can a business be?

Most of my pottery is focused around wildlife, horses, flowers, fish......nature in general.  I thoroughly enjoy carving and painting the pottery into a piece of art, not just a functional pot.


This is a Brook Trout, one of two, on a piece I am currently working on.  This was at the carving stage, the piece has since been fired and waiting for the final glazing.  I am taking my time preparing the surface to bring a realistic feel to the final piece.

To see more, check out my web site at  Peasley Pottery  or  Peasley Pottery at Etsy




3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Mud Colony. I look forward to reading your posts.
    Cheers Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogspot and in the Mud Colony!!
    i think you are really talented!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rhonda and Lenore62 for the warm welcome to Mud Colony! I look forward to slinging mud with you!!

    ReplyDelete